Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday 5 May 2017

A reverse build? Huh, a what?

Yeah me neither. :-) I didn't know there was such a thing as a reverse build. Well at least that's how it got described to me as "sometimes we will do a reverse build".


What is it?

A reverse build is when a lot of work is completed before the bricks and lockup are completed. What it has meant for us is that on the outside we have roof tiles, windows/doors and sisalation wrap. But on the inside we have, electrical, plumbing, data, insulation, heating/AC ducts, plaster, cornices, plaster filled and sanded, stairs and soon skirting and architraves.

I'm not sure if I'm really confortable with that but if we want to proceed in a timely manner then that is what's required. I'm not sure why the brickwork hasn't started yet but I'm sure there is a reason. When the reverse build started by adding plaster I was worried about the integrity of the plaster if it was exposed to the elements and got wet. I can report that water doesn't get inside the house and there isn't any concern that there will be issues with wet plaster or anything else.. It's not the way I would choose to build but at least we are moving forward still.

No comments:

Post a Comment