Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday 13 April 2017

Let there be noggins!

Noggins, Noggins and more Noggins.

When we were visiting established homes for sale prior to deciding to build I noticed something that was fairly consistent in a lot of houses. I would often see issues where towel rails, toilet rolls holders and other items had come loose due to insufficient grip where there is no noggin or stud to attach to. I am quite particular when it comes to this sort of thing and it appears Porter Davis are too.
We selected towel rails, hand towel hooks and toilet roll holders and part of that is that they will install noggins in the selected locations to ensure that they can be attached securely. What is didn't know was that the locations had already been selected as can be seen on the elevation drawings of bathroom and other wet areas. I spoke with our site supervisor and arranged for the noggins to be installed in locations I preferred. I have a record of these new location on paper and photos to refer back to when the installation is done.

At the same time I organized with our site supervisor to install a few extra noggins for TV's, light fittings and others so I wouldn't have any issues hanging things later on. I think there are about 30 additional noggins total including those for towel rails etc. Our site supervisor has been great to deal with on this sort of stuff and I think that goes a long way towards making it a good experience.

As usual here are some photos...






No comments:

Post a Comment