Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday 8 April 2017

Rough In - Electrical and Data.

Electrical:

The electrical rough in appeared to be fairly straight forward. A couple of days drilling holes and routing wires through the ceiling and wall spaces to all of the locations we had selected. We had added quite a few extras when it came to electrical with 74 downlights, numerous powerpoints added and several 2 way switches. We also made provision for lighting and electrical expansion into our outdoor space once that is constructed later on.
I added junction boxes for front and rear garden lights, power supply for outdoor ceiling heaters, additional outdoor flood lighting, power for pool equipment and more. I don't want to be stuck when it comes to adding things outside later on, so for the dollars it cost I feel it was well worth it.

Data & Prewire:

I like to have good access to the internet of things available to me. I suppose its almost a requirement with kids growing up through primary, secondary school and beyond to have technology available to them. Although its not for everyone and does add a substantial cost I felt that we would make good use of the money spent over the years.

When it came to selecting a package for home network there wasn't one that would suit my requirement. We don't have NBN in our area so those packages wouldn't work either and I didn't want any of their equipment. In the end I sorted it out by meeting with the Argus rep again at World of Style and putting on paper what we wanted. Basically I wanted everything wired back to a central location where I install a cabinet and equipment later on. They quoted this for our contract appointment/s.

In total I have about 30 data points throughout the inside and outside of our house. They have various uses from regular telephone and data to IP cameras, Security panels, Video doorbells and Wireless access points. There are 7 external data points for security cameras that I will have installed once we move in which I will go into in another post here. We also have about 15 TV aerial points. Most of which are grouped in pairs or triples to 5 TV locations and a couple extras for expansion. In the theatre I also arranged prewire for 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS including a projector prewire with HDMI. Then there are outdoor speakers and living room ceiling speakers for ambient music when we feel like it.

Lastly I organised with our site supervisor to install a NBN prewire conduit to my network cabinet location so when the NBN arrives in our area it should be a straight forward install.

Anyway, I didn't take a lot of photos of the electrical but I have a few of Data and prewire but it's not all that exciting viewing. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment