Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday 15 June 2017

Waterproofing is well...Blue :-)

So something that has been on my mind during the build preparation was waterproofing. I read about various water proofing worries/problems  people have had. Having wooden floor construction under the tiles for the upper level it seemed like a legitimate concern for me to be thinking about.
I'm not sure how I got this impression but I thought that we would only receive waterproof treatment to the wet areas like showers, baths, toilets and about 30-40cm outside of the immediate area. Or in other words - not all of the ensuite or bathroom would be waterproofed. During our tender we were advised of being careful when taking showers or baths to dry any water spills as soon as possible. This was to avoid any problems with water getting into the timber and causing problems. To my surprise, once again, the water proofing in the upper level covers at least the full floor of the ensuite, bathroom and other ensuite. I was not expecting this and happy it turned out this way. I will certainly help put my mind at ease when some water is inevitably 'spilled' by my kids during bathing.

Anyway, as always here are the photos...








No comments:

Post a Comment